Sunday, August 9, 2009

"They sit and wait and all will be revealed" - Led Zeppelin

Finally, the fight of the year (for me) happened last night. I mentioned it a while ago, you may remember. (He didn't come out to T.I., but another fighter did!) Alas, nothing has changed: Silva is STILL unbeatable! 10 straight UFC fights in a row: unheard of. He's still my favorite and he proved he could take the light heavyweight category by storm. Last night it was me and about 3 other people in the gym cheering for him. Everyone else went crazy for Griffin. (Dear Paiser and Barnum: I'm here to tell you I told you so.) Anderson beat Griffin effortlessly, and not without his usual mockery. Oh my gosh, it was so worth waiting for. Of course, here is the story that is much more eloquent and knowledgeable. Not only does this talk about the fight last night in better detail, it also secures my idea that Silva will move up to the light heavyweight division for good. And, he refuses to fight Machida. *gasp! Oh Dana, please follow up on your statement.

Andy, an extra 20 lbs. is a good look for you.

2 comments:

Joel Deehr said...

lol, remember when i said you were a redneck for wanting to go to the demolition derby? I reaffirm that due to your posting. But I say it with love.

martha said...

joel, don't mock me. you know you are just as much redneck as i am.