Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Have I found you flightless bird?" - Iron and Wine

At midnight, we decided we needed snacks. And then we decided we needed to drive the Alpine Loop. Without looking back, we made a playlist of 77 songs and only got through 32. We got out at the top and sat on Sargeant for a while. The few stars that found us were startled, I'm sure. I ate a plum while I listened. A brief dance party then commenced upon the introductory audio waves of Soulja Boy. The phrases "I wish I was black, Martha"and "You are a walking contradiction" were said at some point, and then Sargeant took us home. With all the wind, my face felt tingly and numb like it does after a motorcycle ride or speeding down a mountain on skiis. He said, "I don't know what that feels like," and I said, "You haven't lived."

1 comment:

Kels H.M. said...

I like this a lot. & its title is a good song, though nonsensical as far as I can figure.