Sunday, August 23, 2009

"My heart is filled with peace" - Mormon Tabernacle Choir

As you may know, the Oquirhh Mountain Temple dedication was today. All of regular church was canceled in Utah due to the ceremony, which one had to have a temple recommend in order to attend. I find it interesting that for the first time ever (because church isn't usually canceled for a dedication), only worthy LDS members were allowed to attend church today. I find it very much like a less intense version of the parable of the 10 virgins.
There is no doubt in my mind that President Monson is the chosen prophet for today and Jesus Christ is the head of His church. I could feel the close relationship President Monson has with our Lord in his dedicatory prayer through word choice, his phraseology, his demeanor...you can just feel the Spirit testify over and over again that he is divinely inspired to lead us. I felt honored to be there to witness a prophet pray, and to appreciate the power of his priesthood and calling. I can't think of any other time outside a dedicatory prayer when I've heard a prophet pray. How humbling it is to hear him praying for me, beseeching the power of God to be with me in my life, guiding, protecting, leading me through my trials and successes. I love going to the temple, and it's so exciting to think of how wonderful it will be to finally go through all of it.


Oquirrh Mountain Temple. For more information and pictures, click here.

Here is a short, beautiful hymn performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, I Feel My Savior's Love. Nothing that happened today could be possible without the Atonement, which Jesus Christ performed out of pure love. There is so much to be grateful for that numbering my blessings seems trite. So, I'll let the music and lyrics sum it up for me.

Verse 1:
I feel my Savior’s love, in all the world around me. His Spirit warms my soul through everything I see.

Chorus:
He knows I will follow Him, give all my life to Him. I feel my Savior’s love, the love He freely gives me.

Verse 2:
I feel my Savior’s love, its gentleness enfolds me. And when I kneel to pray, my heart is filled with peace.

Verse 3:
I feel my Savior’s love and know that He will bless me. I offer Him my heart; My shepherd He will be.

Verse 4:
I’ll share my Savior’s love by serving others freely. In serving I am blessed, in giving I receive.




For more information on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, visit the following websites:
www.lds.org
www.mormon.org

No comments: