Thursday, August 6, 2009

"I don't know if I'm a boxer or the bag" - Pearl Jam

I'm pretty sure I was begging God to let me be born in Seattle around 1978.

I would have liked to have been old enough to fully appreciate the fact that about every other influentially important alternative/rock band is from Seattle, around the early 90s.

Question: What do Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Audioslave, Rage Against the Machine, and Temple of the Dog have in common?
Answer: Eddie Vedder.

So, in honor of my alternative grunge roots and the music geniuses who helped them grow, and because I care about your music appreciation (really, read the article), here is a playlist pour toi to enjoy on another sunny summer thursday.

Temple of the Dog - Hunger Strike

Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter

Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun


Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it away now

Audioslave - Shadow on the Sun

Rage Against the Machine - Wake Up

3 comments:

Joel Deehr said...

I like those bands.

Meg said...

Thank you for keeping me hip, my friend. P.S. What does it mean that I'm an "Addict" of your blog rather than a "Follower?" Does Google keep track of how many times I check it? Do I need to seek help?

martha said...

haha no, i just changed the name from follower to addict. the word follower reminds me of sheep. addict reminds me of heroine. plus, it sounds crisp. apparently i like crispy words that remind me of drugs and i apply them to my friends. *shrug