Thursday, July 31, 2008

This one's for you, Janey

I gots to say i love me some reader feedback. Janey, that made my day even sweeter.

I had a day off today and i didn't really know what to do with myself, so i went to the boys house who live across the street and hung out with them. Still no luck with getting a ride on his bike, but no worries, i'm still working on it. Seth, if you're reading this...i love you?

Just a few comments for now:
1) I made spaghetti today for the first time today in probably a year. I then made it again an hour ago. I forgot how delicious noodles covered in Paul Newman's tomato concoction could be. Mmmm.

2) Who does Paul Newman think he is? Actor turned chef? Come on!

3) I went up to the Sundance outdoor movie night again tonight. It has become a tradition, and I absolutely plan on watching every single one. In 2 weeks is Moulin Rouge, and i recently put forward a plan to have a French food picnic (early, so we could save the good seats) and wear sexy corsets...ok, maybe not corsets, but definitely berets.

4) The movie tonight was HILARIOUS. There were so many good one-liners, i wish i had a pen and paper to write them down.
July 30: Adventures of Power
(2008, Ari Gold)
In his quest to become the world's greatest air-drummer, a small-town dreamer must overcome obstacles and ridicule to save the day.
"Being called an arm pit is not a disgrace...without armpits, we'd be buying rock n' roll from the chinese!" Oh man, i wish i could remember the rest. It got really good by the end, and it's definitely one of those movies that is WAY better the second time around.

5) Can someone please explain to me all the commercials for male-enhancement? Every time i wait for the punch line and the SNL skit to come out on stage...but nope....supposedly it is a real problem with our men today.

6) I have now had 3 banana splits this week. And it's only Wednesday.

7) I also attended my first muay thai class yesterday, and my abs hurt so much. The girl who taught it (Tandi Ogden) had the most amazing body. (I know, i am aware the banana splits are not helping my cause.) She was way tough, and i felt like the biggest pansy next to her. (Yes that is her pictured.) She has a fight up in Canada in September. She said, "Gosh, i hate fighting in Canada. My fan base isn't as strong there." I could not relate to that at all.

8) I am watching a That 70's Show episode, and they just made fun of "Fat Aunt Martha." I really hope i never acquire that nickname. Also, I would like to try ice fishing before i die.

Yep, that pretty much sums up my day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Martha,

I keep forgetting about those movies -- they sound way fun.

And... is her real name Tandi Ogden? Do you think I could beat her in an arm wrestle? I think I might have a chance...

Jason & Janey said...

Dearest Martha,

Your blog once again made my day! I am forever in your debt as long as you keep up the good work. Do you feel the pressure??

Yours Truly
Janey