Thursday, July 3, 2008

Snail Mail = Bad Mail


Welp, I've decided I hate the mailman.

Ok, not so much the man as what he stands for. Much like people hate me for my job too, which somehow gives me what i feel like a "right" to send the hate right back into the universe. Karma's a wench.
Today i woke up and realized my roommate had gotten the mail. Which i realized only after i was throwing away a wrapper and realized our empty garbage can was now full of useless coupons, newspapers, etc. I was kind of excited as neither of us have gotten the mail in probably weeks, so of course, i expected something. I don't know what, but something good. Turns out i got three letters. One from my car insurance, one from the hospital, and one from BYU financial department. I opened the first only to read a simple statement that i may or may not be driving around with no car insurance. the second one was my prescription, which should have been sent to my home address in ky, which i will now have to go out of my way to overnight. The third said that i once again, for the 3rd year (= 9th semester) that i did not qualify for a scholarship. The cut off this year for a half scholarship was 3.6. Of course i have a 3.5.
Awake for 10 minutes and 3 pieces of bad news to sulk over. I think there might be a conspiracy of snail mail these days. It seems most of my bad news comes through snail mail. That would include bills, notices of bills, rejection letters, and of course notices of unavailable men i could have would have should have dated, also known as "wedding invitations."

Thus, my new found determination to read my mail at the end of the day. And to avoid the postman at all costs, afraid of getting caught giving him the stink eye. Because it's ok to give him the stink eye when he isn't looking.
So my day wasn't so bad. At least it wasn't as bad after I found out a friend of mine DID qualify for a full ride this fall...just forgot to sign up for it.

Man, Karma's a wench.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I kinda like Karma... she and Travis make a good couple.

Perhaps you should try this:
Real Snail Mail

They use snails in a cage to deliver messages. The snails pick up the message at one end of the tank, and when they eventually get to the other side, the message is sent.

Very interesting. And someone probably got a grant to do it.