Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of JULY!

Friends, Patriots!, Countrymen...lend me your ears!

I so had to memorize that speech for 10th grade English. (In case you didn't know, it's actually Romans, not Patriots.)

I had a fabulous 4th. I worked all day at time and a half, which included a BBQ, and an hour break which also included a BBQ with my girl Amy's family in Orem. Little did I know she has hot cousins. Which I also found out are under age. (Ew.) I then came home early around 6 PM only to be invited to another BBQ with the boys who live in my complex/neighbor ward. That was fun, as I finally got to meet some of them. The boy with the jet skiis still hasn't shown his face, but no worries, I am on top of it, lol. Does it sound like I might be on the look out to use him for his toys? Um...yes. I'll admit it. And can I please have a pat on the back for at least admitting it? Come on. Girls do sneaky things all the time, and at least I'm admitting it. Don't hate me, hate the freaking game. Tangent!
So then Amanda and her friends got together up in Thanksgiving Point and we watched the fireworks there. We played a good round of Apples to Apples - I almost won - and then Catch Phrase, which my team did win. You guys...I am so competitive with games. I feel like it's stupid to play if there isn't some point, like consequences, bragging rights, compensation...etc. Then we got the best seat ever. I took one picture. It was perfect. That's all I needed. It is now on my phone. Afterwards we lit our sparklers, continued to tell stories and horse around (at which point a human pyramid was suggested - this pic is before matt made it to the top. And he made it, no doubt) until the worst of the traffic was gone, and then we headed to Tawna's family's house which was AMAZING! We talked around the pool and hottub till around 12 then left for home. It was a full day for sure. This year wasn't sincerely patriotic for me, but I'll make up for it next year.

No comments: