Saturday, August 9, 2008

Let the good times roll

I am only on page 200 of Breaking Dawn because i can't bring myself to finish it. But i will be reading my next chapter after i post. Such a bittersweet existence that i live.

This week has been incredible. I got to see Motab and the some other famous LDS artists such as kenneth cope, hillary weeks, michael mcclean, elder oak's daughter who plays the violin like no one else, and a few others. My evening with jim went very well to say the least. Our outfits matched that night, like strangely perfect, and i wish we had taken a picture because we didn't even plan it at all. Let's just say we were stylin' :)

I also learned how to wakeboard!!!! it is a lot easier than i thought it was going to be, and if i had had enough guts and had my back not been KILLING me, i would have tried to carve. but baby steps i find is often the best way to go. my back is just now getting over it 3 days later.

I also find that getting everything out at once is also a good idea, like ripping a bandaid off. it stings for a little while but it's nice to know you don't have to worry about it anymore.

wednesday was Tootsie up at Sundance. and i must admit, i almost like dustin hoffman more as a woman than a man. (yes those 2 pics below are definitely BOTH him.) no wonder people love him - he was so good in that movie. and bill murray!! no wonder he became the star of his own movies after that role. Sundance hasn't let me down yet...well, minus my first encounter. but you can't always trust a first impression.


Next week is Moulin Rouge, like i mentioned before, and i am dead serious about
sporting corsets with berets. steph madison and i are definitely doing it, and we're going to get loaves of french bread and that good spreadable cheese, and madison is bringing crepes and all the toppings. it will be a french soiree never to be forgotten. :) If i had no morals about the way i looked in public and were it not so cold in the mountains, i would definitely want to come dressed like one of these girls. but no worries, i will be classy.
oh, and here's a shout out to grant, who is now gone back to oklahoma. sad day. and for mike, who will shortly be getting a bike of his own, which he will then teach me how to ride :) for when i get my own bike in april.

MARK YOUR CALENDERS!!
Perseid's Meteor Shower starts Monday night. However, I believe the best night will be Tuesday, as it ends Wednesday. A group of us will be getting together up at Sundance around 9, probably at the amphitheater to watch it. Bring blankets and good company, and definitely dress warm :) call me with questions!!

No comments: