Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn


Today was the opening day of Breaking Dawn, and yes, i like millions of teenie boppers around the US waited in line tonight at midnight to purchase my own copy. Why i'm blogging tonight instead of reading intensely, is because during my hour long wait, i happened to meet an upcoming 8th grader and her mom who was right behind me. That girl was so cute, she kept giving me high fives, and asking me questions about my life. I felt like a wise sage for a brief second, and i have to say...it felt nice, lol. nice to realize i might actually KNOW something about this crazy world we live in. Granted, we didn't exactly talk about anything grand, but the fact i knew she was looking at me as an "adult figure" made me feel pretty important. As we finally approached the counter, i also mentioned to them that Borders members got a 40% discount. They said they weren't members, so i slipped her mother my card when the register guy wasn't looking, and after they paid, she slipped it back to me. Of course, they were very grateful, and then we parted ways. I was definitely grateful myself to have the company, and to be able to help someone. It felt good to be there with hundreds of people, to bond over this one book. I definitely got to meet some nice strangers tonight. I wish we had more community gatherings like that. In any case, pay it forward, friends, pay it forward.

New skill i acquired today: Japanese art of folding t-shirts
And yes, in case you were wondering, i did have my 5th banana split tonight with the same toppings as yesterday, which i'm convinced might be the best combination ever. Sorry Janey, we will go next week :)

No comments: