Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"All we can do is keep breathing..."

Colds have to be one of the most annoying sicknesses. They are just bad enough to put a damper on your normal life so you feel like death, but not enough to get any sympathy from people. And let's face it, the latter is the best part about getting sick.

Call this what you may, but i remember as a kid i would relish whenever i got sick. i milked every opportunity i got, usually by getting my parents to feed me in bed, rent my favorite movies for me, stay home from school, my dad came home from work on his lunch break to check up on me, they let me sleep and NEVER WOKE ME UP...not to mention i got to skip school. It was the freakin' life when i got sick. 100% attention from my parents, every desire fulfilled, and my brothers couldn't ruin it for me because hello, i was ill.

The 2 movies i would always have my dad rent for me was A League of Their Own, and For Love or Money. Both of which, for whatever reason, remain 2 of my favorite movies to this day. Maybe it's the sentimentality, maybe it's the great acting, the love story, or not, but i now own both of them and will be watching at least one tomorrow.

Yes, i am sick. I have caught a terrible cold which has prevented me from being able to breathe properly, and i am now under the influence of nyquil and ingrid michaelson currently. "All we can do is keep breathing..." how ironic. i love this song by the way. I'm pretty sure it's due to our soaking wet carpet that is now breeding mold due to a very finicky air conditioner. That, or taking a sip of jim's slurpy the night before.

Unfortunately, i don't have my parents here to feed me in bed.
Any takers?

And can i please just say YYYYEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! to the men's Olympic swim team. YES. Jason Lezak is my hero. Take that, "Frenchies..." LOL i loved how that one guy on our team called them "Frenchies." i almost peed in my pants.

No comments: