Sunday, October 18, 2009

"You haunt my dreams" - Telepopmusik

Today while driving the Alpine Loop with some friends, I passed Sundance, which made me really reminiscent of last winter and excited for the future blizzards that will soon hit this valley.

So this post is dedicated to my future snowboard. And future snowboard career.



I'd highly recommend watching the Tech Videos. They will give you reasons why you should purchase a Ride board. 

I love Ride, and I'm not really sure why. It's not because I have tons of experience testing out each brand. I guess I like their style and so far, my experience with their stuff has proven good quality. I did, however, rip my pants from last year. But whatever.
I think I want this jacket:




And these pants. (This is the only website that shows the color I want: click on Black Recycled.)

Besides, Laurie Currier, this year's pro rookie Rail Jam 1st place winner with best trick, reps Ride. And I definitely want to ride what pros are riding. I am just that original.
Here is the video of her doing best girl's trick:




Here is one of her home videos:


mt high by Laurie Currier -                  More related videos from Asterpix


Will I ever be this good? Only time will tell. I've made a pact with myself to go crazy this year, forget about getting hurt, and loosen the freak up. Plus, with this whole no-homework thing and being done with work at 4-5 PM every day with Sundance doing night skiing this year...practice time will be tripled.

Also, I'm convinced I would be best friends with every one of these girls. Is there still hope for me to become a pro-snowboarder?




Now, I should mention something about skiing. Yes, it's what I grew up doing, and I love it. It will always be my first passion. However, last year was dedicated to skiing. This year will be snowboarding. I'm thinking every other year I'll focus on one of the two. Gotta keep up both skills, I say.


PS. Has anyone heard of snow kiting? A girl at my work says it's a relatively new snow sport. She's from Utah, grew up skiing/snowboarding, it really good at it, and says this is hands down way more fun. Since it's so new, she says the sport has little to no girls involved. And her friends will apparently teach girls for free. And yes, I will be taking them up on that offer. I mean, does that video not look like so much fun?!

Your featured song for this post is techno. This one is on my snowboarding playlist.


Just Breathe - Telepopmusic

1 comment:

Holijay said...

Yeah, Animal was the first I heard. The whole album is stellar. I love artists who change it up song to song so it doesn't get muddy by the end, Miike Snow is a great example of crazy skill.

Sorry, thought I'd comment here...in case you don't have gmail auto response.