Saturday, October 24, 2009

"This bullet in my chest is burning" - Dave Alvin

I met this kid last night - so funny (i.e. this post).

Why can't I meet people like this girl in real life? I think my hand would be raised in a second to ask her how she connects race with sexual diseases. That, or I'd stop paying attention right away and instead draw a cartoon of her having herpes all over her body with a parrot on her shoulder.
Oh, if only I had a scanner.

Also, I saw these movies this week:
Redbelt = epic. It's about fighting, but there aren't that many fight scenes. It's morally charged and the characters are well done. The dialogue is pretty awesome, and Randy Couture is in it. Can't get much better for cameos.

eXistenZ = craziest, trippy movie I've seen to date. And for the record, the trailer makes the movie seem hyper sexual, which it isn't. At all. In fact, I'm a little disappointed. If you're looking for a creepy movie this Halloween to give you that icky feeling, this is no doubt the one.

On my playlist this week:
King of California. I love this song right now. Dave Alvin has a superb voice, and his guitar skeelz make me weak. 

1 comment:

Andy said...

Excellent choices on all of those things.

And I can totally introduce you to the herpes girl. Coincidentally, she's a big MMA fan.