Friday, October 16, 2009

"A moment, a love, a dream, a laugh, a kiss, a cry" - Temper Trap

You know how sometimes you read something that explains feelings you never knew how to express?

Andy pretty much does that all the time.

Read this. 

I dare your inner romantic not to burst out in tears of joy and relief that someone has finally portrayed this event in words worthy enough to behold these expressions. Because, yes, I have felt this way before. I have wished for some way that time could stop, that the sun would not rise, that the night would continue, so I could hold and be with someone I cared about for longer; to feel their chest rise and fall, to hear their breathing, to feel their twitching, to be wrapped in the arms of someone else who just might care about your life as you care about theirs. I've been there wanting to know so desperately what the other is thinking and praying to God that he feels the same way.

Consider this post a Tribute of Honor to you Andy. Thank you for being so emotionally intelligent, so genuine in your efforts to live an honest life. You amaze me and others, I know.

3 comments:

Andy said...

You're really, really nice.

And I don't have the verbal/linguistic faculties to thank you as much as you deserve to be thanked.

Kels H.M. said...

swoon worthy - I love & hate that feeling. But I think I like it more than I dislike it.

Thanks, Andy, for writing what I've felt so many times.

Joel Deehr said...

I haven't felt that way in forever! I think I'm messed up.