Monday, December 21, 2009

"Gift giving requires a sensitive giver and receiver." - Elder Henry B. Eyring

I was driving to work the other day and this talk came over my iPod. It touched me so deeply, I thought I'd share it with you, too. 
It was given by Elder Henry B. Eyring back in December of 1983 at a BYU devotional. I wasn't even born yet, but these words have somehow found me anyway.
Funny how things work out - I was just pondering why I suck at giving gifts, why I never seem to be satisfied in giving presents, in which results in me giving no presents at all.
This talk addresses that very topic and more, as you might suspect.
May we all learn a little something about what real gift giving means this season :)


My mom decorates the best Christmas trees.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: