Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Just glitter lust" - Goldfrapp

ME: ok so get this
  i'm driving to work
  on university
  there's traffic
  i'm texting my boss
8:11 PM listening to goldfrapp i think
  i don't know
  and i have no air conditioning
  so my windows are down
  and i hear this man's voice, "hey, no texting"
  and i immediately without thinking say, "i hate you" out loud to myself
8:12 PM and then the light is green
  and i don't bother looking over
  to who said it to me
  because undoubtedly it's a nasty (edited)
  or some white trash freak
 ANDY:  it's a cop, isn't it.
8:13 PM ME: and so i'm driving
  i'm done texting
  and then i hear the same voice say, "hey baby"
  and now i'm speeding up
  and as i'm driving away i hear some very loud whistling
  and then i hit another red light
8:14 PM and i'm thinking, "if this douche bag pulls up to me and says one more thing, i'm ramming his car"
  and then it's green
  and the lane next to me is lessening with cars
  and i hear, "see you later," and i see a white arm out the window of this SUV and he's throwing me the peace sign
8:15 PM now
  tell me
  as you are of the male genotype
  what is it with the screaming out the windows of cars at girls
  this has never really happened to me
  until the last month
  and it's happened almost every day
8:16 PM ANDY: you'd have to ask a douchebag. that's not really my thing.
 ME: i'm not even kidding, i have proof
 ANDY: jeez, that's awful
  I'm really sorry about that
 ME: well
  it's...
  flattering in a way i guess
  but
  come on
  you can't expect that to really work, now, right
 ANDY: I wouldn't know. I'm not the one to try.
 ME: not only do i feel like a whore
8:17 PM but it's cheap
  effortless
  classless
8:18 PM everything i'm not looking for in someone
  so
  if you could pass that along to any DBs
  that could help

3 comments:

paige said...

i have an experience like that everytime i go over to the dorms to see my little brother. it is kind of flattering, except when it comes from little 18 year old boys. i just yell something out my window to the effect of "i'm old enough to be your mother."

i dislike d bags. and 18 year old boys.

Meg said...

That reminds me of Seinfeld. You're a hottie. Embrace it.

Kels H.M. said...

True - we got... growled at? on our way back from Costco. That was strange.

PS - I like the idea of just copying a chat. Makes me happy.