Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"The sound of settling" - Death Cab for Cutie

If memory was a scale, this being one extreme and amnesia being the other, I'd probably fall on the side of amnesia.

Also, I think my biggest internet fad I found today is this girl: Tavi Gevinson. Somehow she has become a big deal in the fashion world. Even Yahoo did an article on her. I do love her witty tween charm though. I wish I was that innovative when I was 13. Maybe not with clothes, but definitely with the public relations side of things.

Which brings me to my next point. Is it so wrong that I wear clothes based on what other people think? I buy what's new and in the stores I like. I'm not a yard sale junkie nor a thrift store hound. Sure, I like vintage, but in a...revised...way? I really have nothing to add to this topic.

Not even kidding, this is the most stereotypical Japanese teen girl I have ever seen.

Since the NBA Finals, I have eaten pizza at least once a week. And I have probably had less than 5 banana splits since then. Which means I think my banana split craze has turned into a pizza craze. But banana splits are still amazing. And so is pizza. Maybe there's a way to combine both of them.

I think it's kind of weird that when amidst Christians, it's weird to bring up Christ out of nowhere. You'd think it would be ok at the very least, but apparently you're still crazy for talking about God in every day conversation.

And really, I have to agree with Alex that married people need to give it up and keep to their spouses. Today at work, I was doing an in-take with this woman who explained how her husband doesn't want to be married anymore because he's been having an emotional affair with another woman. What I really wanted to say was, "I am amazed that you would want to stick with someone who doesn't want to have anything to do with you anymore. You are awesome for believing in your temple covenants and I would hope that if I ever faced your situation, I would deal with it as gracefully as you are." But as a professional representing an agency, all I said were 3 words that came out awkward and misunderstood: "Wow, you're amazing."

So one of my friends was dating a total loser. The few of us who thought so would hum the chorus of this song whenever he came around. "Bop baa, bop baaa..." I know, I know. Passive aggressive and mean...and really funny. But that was when I was young and stupid. And this is when I write off my past as part of "growing up."

Did anyone else feel how cold it was today?

1 comment:

Joel Deehr said...

I love this fall weather!