Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"You've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequel to your life." - Pavement

It's time for a life update. I mean, I haven't had internet for over 2 weeks now, and I know how you are all dying to know what I've been up to. As of today, I am the proud owner of a wireless router. I'm not sure when I started getting excited over electronics more so than Barbies, but...here we are.


I went longboarding for the first time ever this last weekend with my buddy Tyler. He got a board for me and we went up the canyon. It was surprisingly fun. I only fell once, and with no blood. I think my minimal snowboarding skills came into play tonight. It felt very similar...and now I have an even greater desire for the snow to come.

Speaking of snowboarding...I found the board of my dreams.  I saw it in person last night and *gasp* it changes colors in the sun and there's a cool hologram on it you can't see very well in the picture. 


I also learned how to play tennis this week. My brother and my friend Jason both spent some time teaching me. There is a rumor I may be a natural, however this is yet to be confirmed. I really did enjoy myself though. During a water break, Jason also taught me the beginning steps of how to juggle.



My new bishop has a garden and he gives my roommate and I about 4 gallons of vine ripe tomatoes every weekend. They're like candy, and naturally I have at least 4 a day. Basically, my immune system is unstoppable right now. I'm pretty sure if I kissed someone with mono or licked the floor I would be ok. 


My friends and I are starting a weekly party schedule. This past week was Paige's Staring Contest party which was wildly fun, and if you're reading this, hopefully you were invited.


Next week or the week after I am having a house warming party, and it may or may not be a murder mystery dinner. I'm doing the research and I will get back to you. If you're still reading this, this is your invitation.


I now have justifiable reasons to obtain an iphone and I still can't bring myself to get one. Blast my economical conscience.


I wore a Brigham Young t-shirt today, and have never felt so proud. Provo exploded 2 weekends ago. Check out Alexandra's videos.



So, my ipod was stolen right? And my radio jack that goes with it. I was bummed because now I'd have to go and get another radio thing. However, as I was packing up my stuff to move last month, I found a tape deck converter which I completely forgot I owned. My mom made me this box full of my old electronic stuff 4 yrs ago, and there it was. So now I have a better ipod with now more music than I had previously (thanks to those who helped me retain my musical sanity - you know who you are) and a better way to play it in my car. Take that, theives.

The real story begins when I found my electronic box. Because tucked away for all these years has been these tapes that I recorded when I was in middle school. I recorded my favorite songs off the radio and so the last couple weeks I've been listening to these ancient tapes. I also found Ace of Base's The Sign album,


an album by *Savage Garden in Japanese,


the *Mermaids soundtrack (starring Cher),


and 1955 Greatest Hits, including songs as "Chantilly Lace" and "Who Wrote the Book of Love." I seriously feel like I've been blasting through my past via these tapes. I also found my old Giga Pet which I am going to resurrect as soon as I find the right battery, as well as this jade Buddha statue I've had since I was little that now resides on my desk.

Crazy.
















*Not to be a reflection on my music taste: these were inherited tapes. You may, however, judge my music taste on this song. It changed my life. This moment occurred in high school: freshman biology, first period. Details include a barren beauty queen for a teacher, a dissected pig fetus, a gothic anarchist for a lab partner, and a boy named Graham Gordon who not only introduced me to Pavement and subsequently gave me all of their cds, but who shortly became my first high school crush.

5 comments:

Alexandra said...

Life altering.
Giga pet- if you resurrected it, it would complete my life too. I had a frog back in the day. Did your teachers ever quarantine them?

thanks for the shout out.
let's go snowboarding and longboarding, k??!

oh, and can I have some tomatoes??

Kels H.M. said...

Excess of tomatoes = shopska party at my house. Bring the goods & your good self. I only lack a cucumber when it comes to the rest of the necessary ingredients. Also - I LOVE YOUR BLOG. *number one fan*

Kels H.M. said...

Also - my last word verification thingy was glursin, which I'm pretty sure needs to be a word used to describe what happens when you drink yogurt that you accidentally left out on the counter yesterday. sick.

Joel Deehr said...

I totally listened to ace of base today while driving a front loader. I like them.

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.