Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Paperweight on my back, cover me up like a blanket" - Joshua Radin

I got up late and my choice of clothing suffered for it. Almost all my clothes are in the basket, my closet and drawers are like a barren wasteland with the occasional piece of dead clothing carcasses. (You know, that one shirt you've had for 6 years and haven't worn in 5 and a half.) And so, I was forced to resurrect the dead today. I threw on a pair of pants I haven't worn in ages. Naturally I felt as if I were being judged as not knowing the difference between an acceptable pair of pants and an unacceptable pair of pants as I walked around on campus this week. Let's just get the record straight: I know the difference.

In other news, my Meg got married finally to her beau, Cole. I imagined they'd start a blog of their own like every other newlywed (which they did), start hanging out with only married people (which I'm pretty sure they do), and do other married-like things...like sex. Which by the way, Cole's dad's speech. I almost peed on myself I was laughing so hard, as well as the other 79 guests. And I'll tell you what, I am pretty sure one old lady did as I saw her exit quickly with a look of surprise, shame, and silliness that could not be shaken. When it was my turn to speak, I made sure there were no sexual innuendos.

As for my life updates, I applied to NYU Steinhardt. I would really like to go there, so all 2 of you who read this: pray for my acceptance. I also got accepted to be an EFY counselor this summer for two weeks at Gainsville, GA, which is where I went for two of my four years. I remember nothing but happiness while I was there, and I'm so excited to go back. I will only get to go though if I get accepted to grad school most likely. So pray pray pray. As a back up plan, I went to the career fair and gave out 7 resumes and got 1 job interview on the spot. That was cool. I hear back from them any day now. I guess we'll see. All in all, at least I can do EFY for 2 weeks this summer.

And as crazy as this sounds...I actually want to stay here in Utah, and not just for the summer. Tresa is moving, Ashley is moving (most likely), and a lot of people in my ward...oh, it's just going to be sad. I am not ready for college to be over...am I? My new found friend, Kels H., was saying last night she's going to India this summer, and it made me want to go on another study abroad so bad. I am also going to miss my apartment a lot, I like my set up. Ok, I promise this is the last time I talk about my undecided future.

One of my favorite duets.

Um, I need to re-emphasize this. I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!! :D I can't even believe it. Still. Peter and Lora like the name Rihanna for a girl. I told them I think of a slutty singer every time I hear it, but whatever. I guess it's a cute name, if you just disassociate. Which reminds me, supposedly "cellar door" is the most beautiful sound in the English language, according to J.R. Tolkien. Again, disassociate.

Last but not least, I still remain undefeated at Cranium, thanks to Team Awesome.

*Raise the roof

6 comments:

Kels H.M. said...

ha ha, wow, I am incredibly flattered that I am not only mentioned in this post, but there's even a link to my profile. I feel like a rockstar.

& I definitely know what you mean about the jeans thing - I have a pair of jeans that I've had since I was in eighth grade. I love them. They are high waisted & holey. Or maybe it's holy. The were once dark dark blue. They are now a sort of bluish silver. But I have a hard time wearing them because I feel like people think I'm insane every time I do.

Meg said...

Many many things...

1. I love you. Thank you for the omission of sex jokes in your speech. It was perfect.

2. That's so awesome that you got accepted to be an EFY counselor. I think you were made for that job! You will rock it.

3. I want to stay in Utah too...gulp! What has become of us?!

4. Peter would name his baby Rihanna, haha.

5. I love you. I'm getting adjusted and then the chilling will commence again.

martha said...

k good. i miss you meg. :( i can't wait for our jazz night date tomorrow!! i invited heather, and she said she's coming this time. *crossing fingers

BEAZER said...

well obviously this was written before the sunday night domination...

martha said...

*coughcoughshutupcoughcough*

Kels H.M. said...

Oh, Martha, our beginnings were so sweet, so simple, and it was like... I just knew. Can you believe it's been a year? I was reading about it in my journal the other night - you were then know as "Beaz's friend." ha.

Also, the title of this post is one of my favorite songs ever, even if it makes me want to be married. What? Did I say/type that out loud? Yeah, well. It does. That whole waking-up-next-to-the-person-you-love thing just really appeals to me.