Sunday, January 25, 2009

"So Long, Farewell, blah blah blah blah blah blah-ah" - Sound of Music

Today, Bishop Brown was released. I have never been so emotional over a release as I was today. He's been my bishop for a year, and definitely my favorite one since I've been here at BYU. Ok, tied for first with my very first freshman year bishop. Needless to say, I'm going to miss that man a lot. They say there is politics in everything, and the Church of Latter Day Saints is no exception. I liked the way he said things, the things he placed as most important, and how he dealt with the members of his congregation. He was approachable, the most non-judgemental man I may have ever known up till now, and frankly, he has effectively called me to repentance every Sunday since I moved in. I don't know Bishop Stokes yet, but I bet he's going to be cool. Obviously I give him my full support, and hope the best for him. It will be interesting to see how he changes things up a bit. I'm going to miss you Bro and Sis Brown.

In other news, I saw 2 more warren miller movies last night. The man is a genius. As well as every person featured in his films. I saw Children of Winter (2008) and then the 2 from last night, Impact (2004) and Higher Ground (2005), and finally Cold Fusion (2001) last week some time. Basically, I'm becoming an avid Warren Miller fan and realize more than ever that I have no guts when it comes to doing something daring. It's odd that I am more daring on a snowboard than skis, and I think it's because I have gotten so use to not falling on skis that it shakes me up when I do. On a board however, I know I'm going to fall eventually so why not try some stuff in the meantime? Consequently, if I had to go to a park, I'd choose a snowboard. We were commenting last that ski tricks look way cooler that board tricks, but to each his own. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll miss them too. He is so approachable and relaxed -- yet still gets things done. And I'm glad I got to learn from him how to use a binder :)

Also, what's with you capitalizing beginnings of sentences, Martha? Something's up...