Saturday, April 17, 2010

"Who'd you rather be, the Beatles or the Rolling Stones?" - Metric

I went to my 3rd Holi Festival this March. This year, they expected 20,000 people and they sold all 50,000 bags of chalk. I know they sold out because I was right there empty handed when they announced it. Unbelievable! Due to excellent friends, however, I was able to throw some. I'm convinced I'm losing a year of my life each time I attend due to the massive cloud of chalk and the subsequent inhaling of roughly .5 lbs of dust that follows. However, I must say the pictures make every year off my life worth it. This life I'm going for quality, not quantity.

Here are some pictures of mine and a few I particularly liked found here.

2 comments:

Zach said...

Martha!

Awesome blog, I've found three new songs I like, and that is rare!

I was totally going to go to that, but then I had flash backs of punk kids tossing chalk in my face, and me writing an angry letter to the Krishna Temple is not how I wanted to spend my weekend.

good times...

Meg said...

Your eyes look awesome!