Sunday, April 19, 2009

"Ain't no sunshine" - Bill Withers (and now DMX)

So. I switched some things up on the ol' blog, could you tell?

I think it's partly because I am not in a happy mood.

I don't have much to say. Tonight I made the decision to catch up on UFC. I went to Throwdown, expecting to see my man, Anderson Silva, finish off--as in a TKO...as in a submission at least...as in actually fighting--his 9th UFC competitor, making his a flawless continued streak of victories, but no...no no. I have no comment really. Read for yourself. I will say this though: there is no reason this fight should have gone to decision. In the 30 min. that Silva wasted, he could have taken out Dan Hendersen three times over. This picture of Silva was definitely NOT from tonight. Nothing remotely close to this shot happened. In fact, the most redeeming part of this "fight," sadly enough, was Silva's entrance song, "Ain't No Sunshine." His was a DMX remix, naturally. You won't see a fighter coming out to Bill Withers, let alone a love song, no matter how bizarre the fighter. There have been some classic surprises though: BJ Penn UFC 94 - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Jeff Monson UFC 65 - John Lennon's "Imagine", and how can we forget Ed Herman UFC 72 - Phil Collin's "In the Air Tonight".
But since I can't find an online mp3 of the DMX remix, I'll just give you the better Bill Withers version.
(The link works now.)

No comments: