Friday, November 5, 2010

"Doctor said I'd be alright" - Tom Waits

Had Me A Girl - Tom Waits

Man, what is it with newlyweds and their crafts. I have several friends that have turned into craft masters as soon as they got married. (Please see Exhibits A, B, and C.) These are women who didn't do crafts before. Or if they did, it was like one of those terrible relief society "enrichment nights" or "occassions" or whatever they're called now where they felt obligated. I am probably one of those women. (Weird - just called myself a woman?) There must be something about the marriage institution that turns a woman on to crafts.
I'm hoping my marriage turns me on to my husband.

Also, in my LSAC classes (for the billionth time, Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor), my classmates are starting to be divided by those who did hardcore drugs and those who didn't. I am grouped in the latter. I feel discrimated against because I've done no drugs and I'm Mormon, so what do I know? So lame.

I wear my BYU sweats as often as possible to class just to watch people squirm with discomfort.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I am definitely NOT a craft master. I'm lucky if I even finish a project, but thanks. And be proud of your straight-edged heritage :)

Heather said...

Hahaha....Martha, I feel honored to make it onto your crafty list. I actually hate crafts...my mother-in-law is the craft master, she makes EVERYTHING! So, whenever we're over at their house I get involved in a project she's doing...about half way through I get super bored and she finishes it for me :).

P.s. the word verification for this comment is CHASTE...what a great message.

Alexandra said...

LOL I HATE Enrichment craft nights! which are about 95% of them...

can you write more about your LSAC classes? thanks.