Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Look on the bright side" - Rebelution

So far, 2010 has been a lot cooler than I had forecasted.

  • I went off my first box and double box on a snowboard. Consequently, I know for a fact you can bruise your butt. I have a fatty black one. Debate over.
  • I went rock climbing for the first time about a month ago.
  • I can now do many pull ups with only 50 lbs supporting my weight. (started out with 80!)
  • I have made many new friends, especially at work (both jobs included).
  • Went and saw a live jazz band at a nationally recognized southern style BBQ restaurant, Pat's BBQ.
  • I'm getting 4 paychecks/month.
  • Paul Wall and I are back to being besties.
  • New Music! Kate Earl, Fanfarlo, Timber Timbre, Them Crooked Vultures...the list goes on. 
  • Cool concerts seen: (Rebelution, Soja, Zion I), and a few in the works (see last post).
  • New favorite TV show: Modern Family.
  • My research group is coming to a close, AND my name will be on a dissertation and then presented to the APA board this spring at their national convention thing in CA. Ahh!
  • I bought a pair of powder skis and am instantly a lot better at powder skiing. It's about time.
  • I have a really cool boyfriend. Completely unexpected, yet fully welcome.
  • I've created a new vision for myself, mostly just opened up possibilities which I had previously never allowed. This one probably deserves its own post.
  • My testimony that Heavenly Father knows what's up just keeps getting stronger.

See? Not too bad. :)

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

seriously, 2009 is a distant memory...and thank goodness!

Meg said...

I love you, Martha! Glad life is treatin you right!

Joel Deehr said...

Dude I love SOJA!